Friday, May 6, 2011

Soundtrack Fridays - Born on the Bayou

Good Friday morning! It's beautiful outside - I'm stuck inside, but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

This week's track comes from Daughter of Deception again. At the end of chapter thirteen, Duke and Viola have a small discussion about music. She chooses a Creedence Clearwater Revival CD as a compromise between her grunge/rock preference and his country music leanings.

This is the first song they hear:


Foo Fighters did a cover of this song that's not bad. Who am I kidding? It's pretty damn awesome. CCR + Foo Fighters = great music.

Did you know that Houston is known as the Bayou City? Since they were both born in Houston, it's an appropriate song.

Plus, it's just fun.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. CCR is a good compromise for the pair as far as road music, but I still like the original version the best... Thanks for the musical pick me up today!

    ReplyDelete