Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mistress of Malice and Mercy teaser

Okay, I'll admit, I get a little goofy when I read nice things written about Daughter of Deception. Maybe it's because I still see it as that silly little project I used to as a distraction from hell work. Anyway, after reading several very lovely comments about Duke and Viola, I dove into Mistress of Malice and Mercy, the last book in the series.

In the first chapter, Duke and Viola have this little conversation, and I thought I'd share it with the rest of you:

"I know, sweetness, I know." Duke guided her off her chair and onto his lap. Mindful of his still-healing shoulder, he cradled her against his chest with her head tucked under his chin. "I'm sorry about that. Blame it on the fact that I'm running on no caffeine."

"You should have stayed in bed."

"I can't sleep when you're not there with me."

Viola's heart melted. Tears stung her eyes. He was so gruff most of the time that his sweeter side still stunned her. She was glad no one else saw the gooey side to the rough, tough Network region head. "Aww, Tobias."

"I mean, lately you've been a little space heater and it's damn cold in that bedroom."

The tears dried. Her lips thinned. She dug her knees into his hips. "You're a jerk."



So, as you can tell, marriage hasn't changed much for our my favorite couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment